Life itself is our constant teacher and how we interact with its invitations and challenges makes us who we are. My life and my particular incarnation on this journey are inseparable components of a marriage with Self. This Self is the invisible, spiritual aspect of my existence that breathes me, drives me and reveals me to myself.
I came here curious, free spirited and eager to learn. I challenged the supposed right way to do things so my learning and formal education took many a twisted turn on the path. What it gave me – now that I am “grown up” – is a wonderful, albeit eclectic collection of knowledge, skills and resources.
- Heart Centered Hypnotherapy – trained at the Wellness Center, Washington
- Bioenergetic Analysis, competed the 5 year training with the Institute for Bioenergetic Analysis
- Certified Instructor in Primordial Sound Meditation from the Chopra University
- MA in Pastoral Studies in Counselling and Group work. (Member of Canadian Psychological Association)
- Coursework towards Doctorate in Ministry
- Family Therapy, Native Family Systems, Gestalt, Advanced Level EMDR
- Mentored by founder of Shalom Retreats to facilitate intensive personal and spiritual growth retreats
- Over 26 years of work with indigenous people both in the US and Northern Canada: facilitated cross cultural workshops and provided counselling to First Nation’s Communities
- Private Practice for over 14 years plus counsellor in Educational and Community Mental Health settings (Member of ACSW and IIBA)
No matter where I’ve studied or worked I have learned mostly about myself. Who I am is the facilitative tool in my interactions with my clients. If I guide you as client to be more authentic and congruent, then I must be first of all. My goal is in every moment to align my person with purpose, my body with spirit, my intention with manifestation, my self-love with respect. My commitment is to invite the client to be most truly who they already are. The work is to gently yet firmly remove the film, the mask, the obstacle to know and enjoy the true self.